Introducing Swap/Sell

Phase 2 of Interact is now operational!  We’re introducing the ability to swap or sell your makeup.

Why use this site instead of the other options out there?

This system will actively suggest item-for-item matches (and help buyers and sellers find one another).

How it works:

• Create your swaplist and a wishlist. In order for the matches to work, the items on your swaplist must exactly match other users’ wishlists, so take advantage of the auto-complete and error-catcher.
  • As you create each item, assign a swap value — what is this item worth to you, in a swap?  No one else can see this number — how you value your swap items is private.
  • If you are willing to sell your item, assign a “sale” value. (Buyers will create a wishlist item with a dollar amount they’re willing to pay.)  This number is visible to the public.
  • The system will find matches between users. These proposed swaps will appear in your Swap Dashboard.  If you like the sound of a proposed swap, you can click to send that user a message.
  • Suggestions are not binding; they are just suggestions.  If someone sends you a swap request, you are still free to accept or decline.
  • When the swap is complete, leave the other user a feedback token (and please remove the relevant items from your swaplist and wishlist — otherwise they’ll generate false matches).

Coming Soon:

• We’re starting out with single-item matches to make sure everything works as planned, but very soon we’ll turn on the ability to calculate multi-item matches.
  • Right now you can designate whether you are willing to buy/sell items. Once we make sure everything’s working, we’ll activate a third option, for those who only want to sell/buy.
  • Currently, the search function does not limit suggestions by country. Soon, we will give you the ability to restrict suggestions to your region (e.g., the European Union).
Did you find this post useful?: Vote This Post DownVote This Post Up (+7 rating, 7 votes)
Related Posts with Thumbnails

10 Responses to “Introducing Swap/Sell”

• zoeykim18 says:

Genius!

• Very Cool! keep up the good work!

• Valerie says:

Hey Karla! Just a few suggestions:

For wishlist items, the ability to add “any condition” under Condition for those who don’t care, they just want the item LOL.

• admin says:

So when you select a condition, you are actually selecting the minimum condition you are willing to accept. The system tries to find you that condition or better at the swap or sale price you selected.

One of the things we’re working on is making little “explanation” pop-ups on the Create Item form. (Specifically to explain this detail, because I realize it isn’t clear now.)

• Valerie says:

okay that sounds good! :D

• Lisa says:

Hi -

Just wondering if sell=Paypal? OA (other arrangements)?

Thanks,

Lisa

• admin says:

Yes, Lisa, you can sell (or buy) items openly. Payment method will still be negotiated between buyer and seller (but Paypal is an easy option).

• Valerie says:

Still having some issues adding swap items. Karla, if all fields are required to be filled in, there should be a notice somewhere. Even if I fill in all fields, the page simply refreshes as though I hadn’t touched it. (All values set back to defaults). Does a photo need to be uploaded before an item can be posted?

Additionally I’m finding that the “Upload image” button is too close to the “Send” button — most times I end up hitting Upload instead of Send which again refreshes the page, losing all of my edits which is frustrating. :/ Maybe the upload image section could be done in a pop-up window if needed?

• Wende says:

I’m having the same issues as Valerie. I tried adding a photo to see if that was the problem, but it still wiped out all my work.

• Wende says:

Just letting everyone know, the problem’s been resolved for me. I just had to enable/allow my cookies on my browser. If anyone else is having the same issues as Valerie & I did, you may want to try that first:) You can just Google how to do it or email me if you use AOL as your browser, and I’ll send you the info.

• Name (required):