Why use this site instead of the other options out there?
This system will actively suggest item-for-item matches (and help buyers and sellers find one another).
How it works:
- Create your swaplist and a wishlist. In order for the matches to work, the items on your swaplist must exactly match other users’ wishlists, so take advantage of the auto-complete and error-catcher.
- As you create each item, assign a swap value — what is this item worth to you, in a swap? No one else can see this number — how you value your swap items is private.
- If you are willing to sell your item, assign a “sale” value. (Buyers will create a wishlist item with a dollar amount they’re willing to pay.) This number is visible to the public.
- The system will find matches between users. These proposed swaps will appear in your Swap Dashboard. If you like the sound of a proposed swap, you can click to send that user a message.
- Suggestions are not binding; they are just suggestions. If someone sends you a swap request, you are still free to accept or decline.
- When the swap is complete, leave the other user a feedback token (and please remove the relevant items from your swaplist and wishlist — otherwise they’ll generate false matches).
- We’re starting out with single-item matches to make sure everything works as planned, but very soon we’ll turn on the ability to calculate multi-item matches.
- Right now you can designate whether you are willing to buy/sell items. Once we make sure everything’s working, we’ll activate a third option, for those who only want to sell/buy.
- Currently, the search function does not limit suggestions by country. Soon, we will give you the ability to restrict suggestions to your region (e.g., the European Union).